2016-17 RMI Scholarship Recipients Announced
EKU Risk Management and Insurance is pleased to announce scholarship recipients for the 2016-17 academic year. Through the generosity of donors and industry partners, various scholarship opportunities ranging from $400 to $3,000 per academic year are awarded to students in the Risk Management and Insurance program.
Pictured above are awardees and advisors for this year, from left to right: Sarah Smith, Nathan Reihmer, Burke Christensen (advisor), Taelor Walker-Owens, Jeffrey Hale, Shelby Fain, Carol Jordan (advisor), Audrei Egbudin, Victoria Lowery. Not pictured are: Brianna Saylor, Cory Chance, Douglas Nicely.
RMI scholarship recipients for 2016-17:
- Cory Chance, junior from Shelbyville, Ky. (Northern KY Insurance Agents Scholarship Endowment and Jack Keir Scholarship);
- Turner Curtis, sophomore from Richmond, Ky. (Dr. Pete Kensicki Scholarship and Kentucky Farm Bureau Scholarship);Nathan Reihmer (RIMS/CPCU Insurance Studies Fund);
- Audrei Egbudin, junior from Lagos, Nigeria (Bluegrass Association of Insurance Women Endowed Scholarship);
- Shelby Fain, senior from Irvine, Ky. (The Tom Nuckles Endowed Insurance Scholarship);
- Jeffrey Hale, sophomore from London, Ky. (RIMS/CPCU Insurance Studies Fund);
- Victoria Lowery, junior from Georgetown, Ky. (George W. Clark Scholarship Fund);
- Douglas Nicely, Freshman from Mt. Vernon, Ky. (George W. Clark Scholarship Fund and RIMS/CPCU Insurance Studies Fund);
- Brianna Saylor, junior from Berea, Ky. (The Tom Nuckles Endowed Insurance Scholarship);
- Mary Taelor Walker-Owens sophomore from Stanford, Ky. (Bluegrass Association of Insurance Women Endowed and Kentucky Association of Counties Scholarship (KACo)); and
- Rachel Wallace, senior from Paint Lick, Ky. (Peoples Insurance Scholarship/Ins. Studies Scholarship).
In addition to the University scholarships, two awards external to the program are also recognized: Sarah Smith (IIK Paper Competition, Erie Insurance, and President's CPCU The Institutes); and Brianna Saylor (IIK Paper Competition and President's CPCU The Institutes).
Find out more about scholarship opportunities in EKU's Risk Management and Insurance program at http://insurance.eku.edu/insurance-scholarships.
Published on September 15, 2016