Various scholarship opportunities ranging from $400 to $3,000 per academic year are awarded to Risk Management and Insurance students.
2017-18 RMI Scholarship Recipients pictured above are (l-r): Debbie Ellis, Siwei Gao, Sarah Smith, Hope Proffitt, Michael Salyers, Lucas Platt, Tyler Glore, Taelor Walker-Owens, and Burke Christensen. Not pictured: Evan Kear, Cory Chance.
RMI scholarship recipients for 2017-18 are:
- Hope Proffitt - Kentucky Farm Bureau (fall)
- Evan Kear - Wealth Coach of Kentucky, Larry Botts
- Taelor Walker-Owens - Bluegrass Association of Insurance Women Endowed; Dr. Pete Kensicki Scholarship
- Sarah Smith - Insurance Studies / IIK
- Michael Salyers - The Tom Nuckles Endowed Insurance Scholarship
- Cory Chance and Lucas Platt - RIMS/CPCU Insurance Studies Fund
Scholarships Outside the University:
- Rachel Wallace - KY Chapter CPCU
- Evan Kear - Erie Insurance
- Sara Smith - IIK
- Taelor Walker-Owens and Tyler Glore - Kentucky League of Cities (fall and summer)
- Taelor Owens - The Institutes Pres. CPCU Scholarship
EKU Risk Management & Insurance Scholarships
To apply for EKU RMI scholarships, complete this Insurance Scholarship Application. For more information, contact the Risk Management & Insurance Program, 170 Business and Technology Center, (859) 622-1579.
- Blue Grass Association of Insurance Women Endowed Scholarship
- George W. Clark Scholarship Fund
- Insurance Institute of Kentucky
- Kentucky Chapter of CPCU
- Rita T. Spillman Scholarship
- Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance Company Scholarship
- Jack C. Keir Inc. Endowment Fund
- KACo-EKU Insurance Studies Endowment Trust
- Northern Kentucky Insurance Agents Scholarship Endowments
- The Tom Nuckles Endowed Insurance Scholarship
- RIMS/CPCU Insurance Studies Fund
Professional Scholarship Opportunities
These insurance organizations are committed to the success of EKU Insurance students.
- Spencer Educational Foundation - https://www.spencered.org/students/scholarships/
The deadline for receipt of a complete application package is January 31.
- The Derek Hughes/NAPSLO Educational Foundation - https://www.wsia.org/wcm/Derek_Hughes_NAPSLO_Educational_Foundation/Scholarship___Grants/wcm/Foundation/Scholarships___Grants.aspx?hkey=fa6b0755-2e96-46d3-897e-6b1d34badad9. The deadline to submit all materials is April 2.
- CPCU-Loman Education Foundation Internship Financial Aid Program - www.CPCUSociety.org/CPCU-Loman. Applications need to be submitted by June 1.
- President’s CPCU Scholarship - www.theinstitutes.org/CPCU_scholarship.
- The Griffith Insurance Education Foundation - www.griffithfoundation.org or use application in insurance office. Spring deadline April 1; fall deadline November 15.
- Paul S. Mills Scholarship Program - http://www.financialpro.org/foundation/Awards/psm.htm. Submit between January 15 and March 30.