Why Major in Risk Management and Insurance?
Scholarships: Over $60,000 in scholarship money awarded to RMI majors and minors in 2021.
Student Professional Organization: Gamma Iota Sigma. Opportunity to make friends and feel supported in your university experience.
Travel: Conferences in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Columbus, OH, and Indianapolis, IN. Study abroad to London, England, and Bermuda.
What does a RMI career look like?
- An ever-evolving industry with countless job opportunities.
- More layers to the industry than simply life, health, and auto insurance.
- Helping Industry: Catastrophic events do happen. Insurance professionals help alleviate the burdens when bad things happen.
- Every day is different. One day you could be meeting with executives from a million-dollar company then the owner of a small family farm the next.
- It is more than sales. There are jobs in underwriting, claims, loss control, and account management.
- Recession and covid proof industry. Insurance continues to be in high demand and needed in all industries no matter what the economy looks like.